No matter what you are fundraising for or how many people are in your group (or if you are an individual), even in fundraising, advertising is everything. You need to reach out to potential buyers and supporters so you can makes sales or collect donations to help fund your group/activities. Advertising in a visual way can help make an impact on your sales in a very profitable way and it doesn’t have to cost you a lot of time or money. The simplest way is to make signs. Maybe your group has a table at a local event or outside a local business, you’ll be leaving a box in the lunch room at work or just selling directly out of the box. A compelling and informative sign can help draw buyers into your cause and purchasing from you. The signs don’t have to big either, they can be a standard 8.5×11 piece of computer paper and, with a few minutes, can become a great sales tool.
- Put the group or purpose you are fundraising for at the very top like “Fundraising for Prom” or “Senior High Fundraiser.” You want people to know immediately they are supporting a good fundraising cause
- Make it easy to read. Clean handwriting or typing it out on a computer so your message is clear
- If your items are all the same price, list the price
- A picture is worth a thousand words so use one or two images of your group or a stock photo to help reinforce your message.
- Have access to a copier? Make your sign all black type and print it out on neon or lighter colored paper to give it a punch without the cost of color copies.
- Keep your sign simple. Don’t feel like you have to clutter it with tons of information, you want it to be a quick and easy read
If you print your signs on a standard paper size you can tape them to the inside lid of the box so it’s easy to read when propped open on a table. If you are doing a table setup or larger event you can make large signs on banner paper or poster board. If your group contains kids, this is a great way to get them all involved by having them decorate and make the signs.
To help get you started we have some pre-designed sign templates you can fill your groups name in on here: $1 signs or $2 signs.