If you need to raise money for a group or cause, fundraisers are an excellent way to reach your goal and promote teamwork and fun. Candy and snack fundraisers are perfect for school events, sports teams, church events and anywhere groups of people gather. If you’re heading a fundraiser or part of a fundraising committee, we can help you in several ways to plan it out as well as ensure it runs smoothly. Although fundraisers are great, they can sometimes be a little intimidating, especially if you’ve never planned one before or are working with a large group. Have no fear! Old Fashion Candy can help you every step of the way. As a jumping off point, we’ve assembled these great tips to help you out!
– Establish a Goal
- Figure out what your group’s expenses will be.
- Determine the number of people selling.
- Set an amount that each seller will be required to meet.
– Organize Help
- Ask other responsible adults/co-workers to help you plan.
- Maintain a list of sellers (it is helpful to assign a person to maintain the list) you can use our record sheet here, and copy it as many times as necessary for your number of sellers.
- Assign someone to be responsible for collecting all of the money.
– When and How to Sell
- Call 1-800-500-1234 for help choosing a product. Our representatives are more than helpful, as well as qualified to make sure you choose the fundraiser that will bring you the very best profit.
- Set a start and stop date for your fundraiser. Two weeks is typically an ideal time frame to use when selling.
- Send a flyer home to the parents stating the times and dates for your sale, as well as what items they will be selling. Let them know the selling price of each item and how many pieces are in each case.
- Advertise your sale by putting up posters and sending emails to people who may be interested in buying your items.
- Motivate your sellers with our free prizes.
– When Product is Delivered
- Count the number of cases or items received and check this with the enclosed packing slip listing the products you ordered. Please notify us within 72 hours of product delivery to receive credit for any damaged of missing items.
- Review the safety tips with all sellers. Get the safety tips here.
– End of Sale
- Collect all the money from your sellers, and record this on your record sheet. Check your record sheet to make sure all of the money is turned in.
- Send in the payment due for your order. The rest is your profit!
- Order your free prize!
With these helpful tips, you can easily have a fruitful and profitable fundraiser. Whether it’s your first time planning a fundraiser, or you’re a profit-making pro, having a guide such as this one can help you become more organized and less stressed during the fundraising process. Now get out there and plan a great fundraiser and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 800-500-1234 or message us on our live chat.