You have no items in your shopping cart.
Old Fashion Candy
February 16, 2016
Spring is just around the corner. With the blooming of flowers and the bright colors peeking through after winter, you can quickly brighten up your fundraiser to get your customers into the festive springtime mood.
Add more sunny cheer to your fundraising products with our new, free printable spring candy wraps! We have three cheerful designs available for you to print out and use to boost your sales and make more profit. Each design has a version for our $1 Chocolate Lover’s Bars and our $2 Chocolate Lover’s Bar. We also have tags that can be attached to our lollipops or tied to any product you want, like chocolate pretzel rods!
In addition, you can quickly make sweet candy bouquets. Using our variety of lollipops and chocolate roses, select one or more lollipops or chocolate roses (we used three), and stack them in a fan-like shape. Cut a length of ribbon that is long enough to wrap around the lollipops and be tied in a bow, we recommend no shorter than 12 inches. Wrap the ribbon twice around the lollipop bouquet where all the sticks meet in the middle, then tie a bow to create a beautifully festive candy bouquet. The possibilities are endless this spring!
Whether you want to set up a table and sell your spring themed items, or incorporate them into your cases to sell, there is an easy way to add flair to your products. If you are setting up a table, you can separate the products and add different wraps on each group to differentiate between them. Or you can set out products and have customers choose which design they want and put it on their purchase themselves. It doesn’t have only to be chocolate bars either! With our tag designs, you can attach them to our lollipop sticks, or punch a hole in the tag and tie it with ribbon or yarn to any item you want! If you decide to promote spring without the use of a table setup, you can wrap the bars or lollipops yourself and still sell them out of your case for spring fundraising on the go!
A new addition to the designs this year is a festive springtime stand for your lollipops. These stands are shaped like your favorite springtime animals, with holes you can punch out and attach to your fundraising lollipop flavors. You can download and print them free here! They are a perfect way to add cute flair to your candy this spring!
Don’t forget to add our new chocolate bunnies to your sale. These solid milk chocolate bunnies are wrapped in cellophane and gift boxed. They are the perfect companion to the bar wraps and lollis.
January 25, 2016
If you need to raise money for a group or cause, fundraisers are an excellent way to reach your goal and promote teamwork and fun. Candy and snack fundraisers are perfect for school events, sports teams, church events and anywhere groups of people gather. If you’re heading a fundraiser or part of a fundraising committee, we can help you in several ways to plan it out as well as ensure it runs smoothly. Although fundraisers are great, they can sometimes be a little intimidating, especially if you’ve never planned one before or are working with a large group. Have no fear! Old Fashion Candy can help you every step of the way. As a jumping off point, we’ve assembled these great tips to help you out!
- Establish a Goal
- Figure out what your group’s expenses will be.
- Determine the number of people selling.
- Set an amount that each seller will be required to meet.
- Organize Help
- Ask other responsible adults/co-workers to help you plan.
- Maintain a list of sellers (it is helpful to assign a person to maintain the list) you can use our record sheet here, and copy it as many times as necessary for your number of sellers.
- Assign someone to be responsible for collecting all of the money.
- When and How to Sell
- Call 1-800-500-1234 for help choosing a product. Our representatives are more than helpful, as well as qualified to make sure you choose the fundraiser that will bring you the very best profit.
- Set a start and stop date for your fundraiser. Two weeks is typically an ideal time frame to use when selling.
- Send a flyer home to the parents stating the times and dates for your sale, as well as what items they will be selling. Let them know the selling price of each item and how many pieces are in each case.
- Advertise your sale by putting up posters and sending emails to people who may be interested in buying your items.
- Motivate your sellers with our free prizes.
- When Product is Delivered
- Count the number of cases or items received and check this with the enclosed packing slip listing the products you ordered. Please notify us within 72 hours of product delivery to receive credit for any damaged of missing items.
- Review the safety tips with all sellers. Get the safety tips here.
- End of Sale
- Collect all the money from your sellers, and record this on your record sheet. Check your record sheet to make sure all of the money is turned in.
- Send in the payment due for your order. The rest is your profit!
- Order your free prize!
With these helpful tips, you can easily have a fruitful and profitable fundraiser. Whether it's your first time planning a fundraiser, or you’re a profit-making pro, having a guide such as this one can help you become more organized and less stressed during the fundraising process. Now get out there and plan a great fundraiser and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 800-500-1234 or message us on our live chat.
January 11, 2016
Welcome 2016! So many of you have been asking about candy grams for Valentine's Day so we are re-posting this fun blog on how to make them.
A new year and a new semester bring new ideas for fundraising! In previous posts, we've emphasized the benefit of coordinating your fundraiser with a holiday theme, and Valentine's Day is no different. In fact, it is one of the better holidays to coordinate with your candy fundraiser. Items like chocolate bars, chocolate roses, and lollipops are great little treats to make into candy grams that friends can give to one another or a sweetheart. Boost sales even more by adding some valentine's flair with our free download & print chocolate bar wraps and lollipop tags.
Once you've downloaded the wraps, follow the instructions to cut them apart. We recommend having a table or location setup when selling these to make the bar wrapping easier. Once your customer has selected their chocolate bar, they can select a wrap design and then you/your group helpers can place and adhere that wrap around the bar for the customer.
If you are considering pre-wrapping your chocolate bars prior to selling, keep a few things in mind:
- If you are selling a single chocolate bar flavor, make sure you have a sign(s) stating they are chocolate bars
- If you are selling multiple flavors of chocolate bars, you may want to wrap each flavor in its own design so you and your customers can easily distinguish between them or keep them in labeled boxes by flavor
Don't worry, we have not forgotten about chocolate roses or lollipops! You can download and print our fun valentine's tags to use. Follow the how-to instructions on our previous blog post here. Similar to the chocolate bars, you can pre-attach the tags to the lollipops or let your customers choose the tag they wish for you to attach. You can go even further with your lollipops and create a festive and fun bouquet. Group several pops together and secure with ribbon of your choice. Be sure to price these accordingly, adding up the selling price of each item you include in the bouquet. Further instructions on making the lollipop bouquets can be found here.
We've also created valentine's themed sale signs for you to use in addition to the tags and wraps. Download and print these $1 signs or $2 signs to stick up on your table setup. You can even place them on or inside candy or snack fundraising boxes as a decorative and informative eye catcher.