You have no items in your shopping cart.
Old Fashion Candy
January 25, 2016
If you need to raise money for a group or cause, fundraisers are an excellent way to reach your goal and promote teamwork and fun. Candy and snack fundraisers are perfect for school events, sports teams, church events and anywhere groups of people gather. If you’re heading a fundraiser or part of a fundraising committee, we can help you in several ways to plan it out as well as ensure it runs smoothly. Although fundraisers are great, they can sometimes be a little intimidating, especially if you’ve never planned one before or are working with a large group. Have no fear! Old Fashion Candy can help you every step of the way. As a jumping off point, we’ve assembled these great tips to help you out!
- Establish a Goal
- Figure out what your group’s expenses will be.
- Determine the number of people selling.
- Set an amount that each seller will be required to meet.
- Organize Help
- Ask other responsible adults/co-workers to help you plan.
- Maintain a list of sellers (it is helpful to assign a person to maintain the list) you can use our record sheet here, and copy it as many times as necessary for your number of sellers.
- Assign someone to be responsible for collecting all of the money.
- When and How to Sell
- Call 1-800-500-1234 for help choosing a product. Our representatives are more than helpful, as well as qualified to make sure you choose the fundraiser that will bring you the very best profit.
- Set a start and stop date for your fundraiser. Two weeks is typically an ideal time frame to use when selling.
- Send a flyer home to the parents stating the times and dates for your sale, as well as what items they will be selling. Let them know the selling price of each item and how many pieces are in each case.
- Advertise your sale by putting up posters and sending emails to people who may be interested in buying your items.
- Motivate your sellers with our free prizes.
- When Product is Delivered
- Count the number of cases or items received and check this with the enclosed packing slip listing the products you ordered. Please notify us within 72 hours of product delivery to receive credit for any damaged of missing items.
- Review the safety tips with all sellers. Get the safety tips here.
- End of Sale
- Collect all the money from your sellers, and record this on your record sheet. Check your record sheet to make sure all of the money is turned in.
- Send in the payment due for your order. The rest is your profit!
- Order your free prize!
With these helpful tips, you can easily have a fruitful and profitable fundraiser. Whether it's your first time planning a fundraiser, or you’re a profit-making pro, having a guide such as this one can help you become more organized and less stressed during the fundraising process. Now get out there and plan a great fundraiser and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 800-500-1234 or message us on our live chat.
January 11, 2016
Welcome 2016! So many of you have been asking about candy grams for Valentine's Day so we are re-posting this fun blog on how to make them.
A new year and a new semester bring new ideas for fundraising! In previous posts, we've emphasized the benefit of coordinating your fundraiser with a holiday theme, and Valentine's Day is no different. In fact, it is one of the better holidays to coordinate with your candy fundraiser. Items like chocolate bars, chocolate roses, and lollipops are great little treats to make into candy grams that friends can give to one another or a sweetheart. Boost sales even more by adding some valentine's flair with our free download & print chocolate bar wraps and lollipop tags.
Once you've downloaded the wraps, follow the instructions to cut them apart. We recommend having a table or location setup when selling these to make the bar wrapping easier. Once your customer has selected their chocolate bar, they can select a wrap design and then you/your group helpers can place and adhere that wrap around the bar for the customer.
If you are considering pre-wrapping your chocolate bars prior to selling, keep a few things in mind:
- If you are selling a single chocolate bar flavor, make sure you have a sign(s) stating they are chocolate bars
- If you are selling multiple flavors of chocolate bars, you may want to wrap each flavor in its own design so you and your customers can easily distinguish between them or keep them in labeled boxes by flavor
Don't worry, we have not forgotten about chocolate roses or lollipops! You can download and print our fun valentine's tags to use. Follow the how-to instructions on our previous blog post here. Similar to the chocolate bars, you can pre-attach the tags to the lollipops or let your customers choose the tag they wish for you to attach. You can go even further with your lollipops and create a festive and fun bouquet. Group several pops together and secure with ribbon of your choice. Be sure to price these accordingly, adding up the selling price of each item you include in the bouquet. Further instructions on making the lollipop bouquets can be found here.
We've also created valentine's themed sale signs for you to use in addition to the tags and wraps. Download and print these $1 signs or $2 signs to stick up on your table setup. You can even place them on or inside candy or snack fundraising boxes as a decorative and informative eye catcher.
December 1, 2015
Holiday Fundraising Wraps
The holidays are here! With a chill in the air and that warm festive winter feeling, it’s the perfect time of year to jumpstart holiday sales and make a better profit with your fundraising.
Add holiday cheer to your products and create more profit opportunity with our free printable holiday wraps! We’ve created three new designs for you to download and use on your winter items that are sure to boost sales. Each design includes a $1 chocolate bar design, $2 chocolate bar design, and a tag design that can be tied to any item with just a little ribbon or even some tape. Get creative and use the tags for more than just lollipops, some examples would be using ribbon or yarn to tie the tags to crackers, pretzel rods, or even jerky.
There are many ways to create a better profit, or make a better buying experience for your customers with the bar wraps for the winter months. Make a festive fundraising table with each of your bars wrapped in a different design. Set up a spot with pens and markers and allow customers to write their messages on the “to and from” section on the back of the bars, and then wrap the candies themselves. Or even personally wrap each item in your cases for holiday themed sales on the go! If you decide to have a table setup, try to organize the products well so that customers can make easy choices. Clearly list prices so there is no confusion. Try to have a variety of product on the table to have more buying options. Make signs to promote the holidays, or decorate your table with holiday cheer!
If you decide to make sales easier for on the go, decorate bags or boxes in holiday themes to carry your products in, or organize different candy varieties by using a different holiday wrap design for each new product. You can download our holiday sales sign here as a quick way to add some cheer and information.
Great selling points also come with this time of year. Promote sales and products by advertising cheerful ways to use them. Use the decorated candy to sell for holiday candy grams for schools or sports teams, decorate candy to sell for stocking stuffers, or even just for a small personalized gift to show someone you are thinking about them this holiday season. There are lots of ways to show appreciation for someone this time of year. See what you can come up with by getting creative!
If you're looking for a cheerful and festive fundraiser this winter, call 1-800-500-1234 and one of out friendly fundraising experts would be glad to assist you with selecting a sweet and cheerful profit maker before the end of this year!