You have no items in your shopping cart.
Old Fashion Candy
March 15, 2016
It's PROM TIME! That means it's time to break out the decorations, formal attire, and some fundraising. Maybe you're head of the prom committee or need to do some springtime fundraising for a class trip or something, using prom as a basis for your fundraiser can really pay off. Here's a handy idea that can help boost your spring school fundraising:
ASK ME TO PROM ROSES
- Download our printable sheet here of "will you go to prom with me" cards.
- Print out and cut apart cards (6 cards per 8.5x11 sheet so you have no waste!). You can use any color paper but if you have card stock or a thicker paper your cards will hold up better.
- Hole punch each card in the middle at the top and using ribbon, tie one card onto each rose. If you choose to, you can punch two holes close to each other so your card will sit more centered on the candy stick.
- The giver can write their potential prom date's name at the top and sign their name at the bottom on the dotted lines.
Now, you/your group can either pre-tie on all cards and ribbons to the rose or if you have a table setup, leave them loose and only tie them on as they are purchased. This way makes it easier for people to write their names on the cards. If you have a table set up, having pens on hand will also be helpful for purchasers to write their names on the tags.
If you use curling ribbon you can curl the ends of the ribbons after they are tied to add some fun or simply tie it into a classic bow. Use your school colors, prom colors or just a bright and fun variety! Either way, your fundraiser is sure to be the hit of the school and not only bring in money for your cause but also spread some prom cheer!
February 16, 2016
Spring is just around the corner. With the blooming of flowers and the bright colors peeking through after winter, you can quickly brighten up your fundraiser to get your customers into the festive springtime mood.
Add more sunny cheer to your fundraising products with our new, free printable spring candy wraps! We have three cheerful designs available for you to print out and use to boost your sales and make more profit. Each design has a version for our $1 Chocolate Lover’s Bars and our $2 Chocolate Lover’s Bar. We also have tags that can be attached to our lollipops or tied to any product you want, like chocolate pretzel rods!
In addition, you can quickly make sweet candy bouquets. Using our variety of lollipops and chocolate roses, select one or more lollipops or chocolate roses (we used three), and stack them in a fan-like shape. Cut a length of ribbon that is long enough to wrap around the lollipops and be tied in a bow, we recommend no shorter than 12 inches. Wrap the ribbon twice around the lollipop bouquet where all the sticks meet in the middle, then tie a bow to create a beautifully festive candy bouquet. The possibilities are endless this spring!
Whether you want to set up a table and sell your spring themed items, or incorporate them into your cases to sell, there is an easy way to add flair to your products. If you are setting up a table, you can separate the products and add different wraps on each group to differentiate between them. Or you can set out products and have customers choose which design they want and put it on their purchase themselves. It doesn’t have only to be chocolate bars either! With our tag designs, you can attach them to our lollipop sticks, or punch a hole in the tag and tie it with ribbon or yarn to any item you want! If you decide to promote spring without the use of a table setup, you can wrap the bars or lollipops yourself and still sell them out of your case for spring fundraising on the go!
A new addition to the designs this year is a festive springtime stand for your lollipops. These stands are shaped like your favorite springtime animals, with holes you can punch out and attach to your fundraising lollipop flavors. You can download and print them free here! They are a perfect way to add cute flair to your candy this spring!
Don’t forget to add our new chocolate bunnies to your sale. These solid milk chocolate bunnies are wrapped in cellophane and gift boxed. They are the perfect companion to the bar wraps and lollis.
January 25, 2016
If you need to raise money for a group or cause, fundraisers are an excellent way to reach your goal and promote teamwork and fun. Candy and snack fundraisers are perfect for school events, sports teams, church events and anywhere groups of people gather. If you’re heading a fundraiser or part of a fundraising committee, we can help you in several ways to plan it out as well as ensure it runs smoothly. Although fundraisers are great, they can sometimes be a little intimidating, especially if you’ve never planned one before or are working with a large group. Have no fear! Old Fashion Candy can help you every step of the way. As a jumping off point, we’ve assembled these great tips to help you out!
- Establish a Goal
- Figure out what your group’s expenses will be.
- Determine the number of people selling.
- Set an amount that each seller will be required to meet.
- Organize Help
- Ask other responsible adults/co-workers to help you plan.
- Maintain a list of sellers (it is helpful to assign a person to maintain the list) you can use our record sheet here, and copy it as many times as necessary for your number of sellers.
- Assign someone to be responsible for collecting all of the money.
- When and How to Sell
- Call 1-800-500-1234 for help choosing a product. Our representatives are more than helpful, as well as qualified to make sure you choose the fundraiser that will bring you the very best profit.
- Set a start and stop date for your fundraiser. Two weeks is typically an ideal time frame to use when selling.
- Send a flyer home to the parents stating the times and dates for your sale, as well as what items they will be selling. Let them know the selling price of each item and how many pieces are in each case.
- Advertise your sale by putting up posters and sending emails to people who may be interested in buying your items.
- Motivate your sellers with our free prizes.
- When Product is Delivered
- Count the number of cases or items received and check this with the enclosed packing slip listing the products you ordered. Please notify us within 72 hours of product delivery to receive credit for any damaged of missing items.
- Review the safety tips with all sellers. Get the safety tips here.
- End of Sale
- Collect all the money from your sellers, and record this on your record sheet. Check your record sheet to make sure all of the money is turned in.
- Send in the payment due for your order. The rest is your profit!
- Order your free prize!
With these helpful tips, you can easily have a fruitful and profitable fundraiser. Whether it's your first time planning a fundraiser, or you’re a profit-making pro, having a guide such as this one can help you become more organized and less stressed during the fundraising process. Now get out there and plan a great fundraiser and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 800-500-1234 or message us on our live chat.