You have no items in your shopping cart.
Category Archives: Tips
April 5, 2016
Fundraising is a great way for schools, sports teams, or church groups to raise money for themselves or their causes. Often, fundraisers start out strong with lots of sales and enthusiasm from youth sellers, but then the stamina wears down, and kids/sellers become uninterested and don’t end up earning as much money as they ultimately could have. To circumvent that fundraising lull, we’ve made this list of tips to keep sellers motivated until the full sale ends, making your group more money for your cause and giving your kids a self-esteem boost!
- Incentives and Prizes: Give sellers a good reason to continue selling by offering prizes, goodies, and other treats when they meet their selling goal, or if they sell the most in the group. Positive reinforcement is an excellent way to keep kids involved. If they feel like they are doing well, they will continue! We offer a variety of prizes. Be sure to check them out for your group!
- Friendly competition: It makes sales a little more fun when there is an element of competition to them. By giving the top sellers a small prize, it will motivate everyone to try and sell the most they can, in hopes of “winning”.
- Record Progress: It can be helpful to have your sellers record their daily sales and progress in some benchmark way. That way they can see how they are doing from day to day. When they look at their sales as a daily reminder, they are more likely to sell every day, so that they can raise their benchmark scores.
- Parents: It can be very beneficial for kids to have parents helping them. If they feel like they are selling alone, they are more likely to get bored, and sell less towards the end. Whereas parents can be a great motivator, and keep their children selling until the end of the fundraiser to teach them how to follow through on a commitment.
- Importance: Before sales begin, it can be helpful to explain just how important fundraisers are, and why they are selling. If you account for the importance of the sales, as well as what you are raising money for, kids will be more likely to keep that in mind as they try to reach their sales goals.
- Make note of your cause: As previously stated, telling kids what they are raising money for is a great way of keeping them motivated. Especially if it is for a cause that means a lot to them, it can significantly encourage them to put effort into their fundraiser.
- Ask for the Sale: It is important to teach your sellers how to ask customers properly to make a purchase. Sellers should concisely explain what they are fundraising for and what group/organization they represent. Then follow up with what items they are selling, the cost, and ask if this customer would like contribute. When the seller(s) feel confident about what they are saying, they are more likely to keep at it, even if some customers don’t make a purchase.
- Set goals: It would be a great plan to have each seller set a personal sales goal, as well as have the entire group set an overall sales goal. This way, each child can set a goal and work towards it. Then the group goal will most likely be met as well. Try offering an incentive if the group goal is met, such as a party, or treat for everyone as a bonus motivation.
Fundraising and sales can be involved with a group. Hopefully, this list of ideas and motivators can help you and your group with your next fundraiser! Keep them in mind, and sell sell sell!
January 25, 2016
If you need to raise money for a group or cause, fundraisers are an excellent way to reach your goal and promote teamwork and fun. Candy and snack fundraisers are perfect for school events, sports teams, church events and anywhere groups of people gather. If you’re heading a fundraiser or part of a fundraising committee, we can help you in several ways to plan it out as well as ensure it runs smoothly. Although fundraisers are great, they can sometimes be a little intimidating, especially if you’ve never planned one before or are working with a large group. Have no fear! Old Fashion Candy can help you every step of the way. As a jumping off point, we’ve assembled these great tips to help you out!
- Establish a Goal
- Figure out what your group’s expenses will be.
- Determine the number of people selling.
- Set an amount that each seller will be required to meet.
- Organize Help
- Ask other responsible adults/co-workers to help you plan.
- Maintain a list of sellers (it is helpful to assign a person to maintain the list) you can use our record sheet here, and copy it as many times as necessary for your number of sellers.
- Assign someone to be responsible for collecting all of the money.
- When and How to Sell
- Call 1-800-500-1234 for help choosing a product. Our representatives are more than helpful, as well as qualified to make sure you choose the fundraiser that will bring you the very best profit.
- Set a start and stop date for your fundraiser. Two weeks is typically an ideal time frame to use when selling.
- Send a flyer home to the parents stating the times and dates for your sale, as well as what items they will be selling. Let them know the selling price of each item and how many pieces are in each case.
- Advertise your sale by putting up posters and sending emails to people who may be interested in buying your items.
- Motivate your sellers with our free prizes.
- When Product is Delivered
- Count the number of cases or items received and check this with the enclosed packing slip listing the products you ordered. Please notify us within 72 hours of product delivery to receive credit for any damaged of missing items.
- Review the safety tips with all sellers. Get the safety tips here.
- End of Sale
- Collect all the money from your sellers, and record this on your record sheet. Check your record sheet to make sure all of the money is turned in.
- Send in the payment due for your order. The rest is your profit!
- Order your free prize!
With these helpful tips, you can easily have a fruitful and profitable fundraiser. Whether it's your first time planning a fundraiser, or you’re a profit-making pro, having a guide such as this one can help you become more organized and less stressed during the fundraising process. Now get out there and plan a great fundraiser and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 800-500-1234 or message us on our live chat.
December 1, 2015
Holiday Fundraising Wraps
The holidays are here! With a chill in the air and that warm festive winter feeling, it’s the perfect time of year to jumpstart holiday sales and make a better profit with your fundraising.
Add holiday cheer to your products and create more profit opportunity with our free printable holiday wraps! We’ve created three new designs for you to download and use on your winter items that are sure to boost sales. Each design includes a $1 chocolate bar design, $2 chocolate bar design, and a tag design that can be tied to any item with just a little ribbon or even some tape. Get creative and use the tags for more than just lollipops, some examples would be using ribbon or yarn to tie the tags to crackers, pretzel rods, or even jerky.
There are many ways to create a better profit, or make a better buying experience for your customers with the bar wraps for the winter months. Make a festive fundraising table with each of your bars wrapped in a different design. Set up a spot with pens and markers and allow customers to write their messages on the “to and from” section on the back of the bars, and then wrap the candies themselves. Or even personally wrap each item in your cases for holiday themed sales on the go! If you decide to have a table setup, try to organize the products well so that customers can make easy choices. Clearly list prices so there is no confusion. Try to have a variety of product on the table to have more buying options. Make signs to promote the holidays, or decorate your table with holiday cheer!
If you decide to make sales easier for on the go, decorate bags or boxes in holiday themes to carry your products in, or organize different candy varieties by using a different holiday wrap design for each new product. You can download our holiday sales sign here as a quick way to add some cheer and information.
Great selling points also come with this time of year. Promote sales and products by advertising cheerful ways to use them. Use the decorated candy to sell for holiday candy grams for schools or sports teams, decorate candy to sell for stocking stuffers, or even just for a small personalized gift to show someone you are thinking about them this holiday season. There are lots of ways to show appreciation for someone this time of year. See what you can come up with by getting creative!
If you're looking for a cheerful and festive fundraiser this winter, call 1-800-500-1234 and one of out friendly fundraising experts would be glad to assist you with selecting a sweet and cheerful profit maker before the end of this year!